Tuesday, September 3, 2019 | 2:00pm BST
The journey to full autonomy is a challenging one for autonomous vehicle developers. Restrictions on real-world location testing, the cost of drive testing, the pace of change, and the critical nature of safety considerations can impair a product’s growth.
In this webinar, a team of Spirent experts will examine the available methodologies that can accelerate improvements, save money, and reduce the workload on key engineering functions. Topics covered will include:
- Why is GNSS required?
- Sensor fusion – why multi-sensor systems are imperative for vehicle positioning
- The need for and benefits of simulation when testing vehicle positioning, navigation & timing
Examined use cases will include:
- Hardware-in-the-loop testing using a driving simulator
- Testing PNT performance in multipath and obscuration environments using:
- Simulation and modelling
- Record & playback systems
Spirent has been developing and integrating test systems for in-vehicle navigation systems since the technology first emerged. Over that time we’ve built up a wealth of knowledge on the industry – from research and development, through to production testing.
To find out more about the impact and challenges of GNSS in automotive, check out our series of articles on the Spirent Positioning blog.